From Hökaland Wiki
This is an overview of house rules used in the Hökaland campaign.
[ edit ]
- Traits - Maximum 2.
- Drawbacks - Maximum 1. Gives a Trait.
- Flaws - Maximum 1. Almost all of them are ok (including third party stuff), but you have to check with me first. That link is just one (good) example.
- Damage Conversion (AC) - Armoured characters converts some lethal damage to nonlethal as in Unearthed Arcana (with a small fix).
- Hero Points are introduced at lvl 3.
- Damage and healing - Increased detail to go with wounds, primarily. There's now also an incentive to sleep comfortably.
- ALL MAGIC IS x2 COST. That includes enhancements on items, scrolls, potions, services, ALL! It also means that the material cost in crafting magical items is higher.
- Masterwork - Partly added to make up for a lack of magical weapons. These non-magical items packs a punch!
- Environment - Rules for sleep deprivation and hunger/thirst.
- Starting above lvl 1: Max 50% of wealth on 1 item.
- Recommend: Weapon 25% - Armour 25% - Other magic 25% - Consumables 15% - Ordinary/coins 10%
If Anything is Unclear
Other, Unused or WIP
- Skill bonus - Primarily needed for 3.5. Not used: Dead
- Skill training - Allowing characters to do stuff during downtime. Not used: Fix and add.
- Wounds - Mainly for RP, but also to make the world more gritty. Not used: May be fixed and added.
- Death - Death, Shock and damage. Not used: Dead
- Magic - In this low magic campaign setting, some magical features are unique. Some used: Will be fixed and added.
- Feats - Magic and others. Mostly used: Rest will be fixed and added.
- Death Attack - Attempt to make it better. Not used: Dead
|House Rules* & Roleplaying nav.. (e)|