The Knowledge skill in DnD and Pathfinder is an important skill in Hökaland. This article provides some guidelines on how to use the skill with information in this wiki.
As far as possible, each part of the wiki will be marked with a floating information box, indicating the Difficulty Class (DC) for a character to know a particular piece of information.
On many occasions, another Knowledge skill can be constituted by another skill. For example, knowing who the local regent's son is may normally be a roll for Knowledge (Nobility), but a character with good local knowledge could make a Knowledge (Local) at a slightly higher DC.
A character may request to have a small situational bonus to a roll if she has knowledge skill bonuses in more than one related skill. For instance, checking to see if a character knows whether or not a specific noble is religious where both skills in nobility and religion are high, you pick one and get a small bonus. This bonus does not count intelligence modifier twice. Check with your DM if you are allowed synergy bonus.
- Synergy: For every 3 points of total bonus, you can use one point of situational bonus on the roll.
Faction knowledge rolls
Living in the world, characters will know some things and not others. This is a guide to DC levels for what type of information they require regarding a particular faction.
* Only applies to the right type of knowledge skill.
Recognising the name
- All Court of Houses members - (history)/(local)/(nobility) DC5.
- Other houses - (local) DC15, (nobility) DC8.
- Main factions - (history)/(local)/(religion*) DC5.
- Other factions - (history) DC15, (local) DC8.
- If rolling right type of knowledge skill: DC8.
For basic information about the individual faction, such as key aims and strengths (in general), shield, rough size estimates and current (or most recent) leader:
- Governor - (local)/(nobility) DC10.
- Court of Houses Member - (local) DC15, (nobility) DC10.
- Other houses - (local) DC20, (nobility) DC15
- Main factions - (history) DC15, (local)/(religion*) DC10.
- Other factions - (history) DC20, (local) DC15.
- If rolling right type of knowledge skill: DC15.
Detailed information such as relationships with other factions or current rough economic status and exports:
- Court of Houses Members - (local) DC20, (nobility) DC15.
- Other houses - (local) DC25, (nobility) DC20.
- Main factions - (history) DC25, (local)/(religion*) DC15.
- Other factions - (history) DC30, (local) DC20.
- If rolling right type of knowledge skill: DC20.
Inside information such as total military strength, specific cash flow and individual staff members:
- All Court of Houses Members - Knowledge (local) DC25, Knowledge (nobility) DC20.
- Other houses - Knowledge (local) DC30, Knowledge (nobility) DC25.
- Main factions - (local) DC25, (religion*) DC20.
- Other factions - (local) DC30.
- If rolling right type of knowledge skill: DC25.
- Main article: Cryptography
Knowledge (Mathematics) in combination with Craft or Profession (Cryptograhy) can be used to create secret written messages that are hard or impossible for outsiders to intercept.
|House Rules* & Roleplaying nav.. (e)|