The gods of the world of Hökaland do exist and they evolved in a similar fashion to human beings or other mortal races. There is a pantheon of gods where a large portion of humans (just about all humans in the Realms) consider Rahn to be the most important and the Church of Rahn is the main religion through monolatrism. Rahn is among others known as the creator of human kind. Naturally, what the gods do and feel doesn't always translate into mortal-made religions.
The Nature of Gods
Among the other sentient races, there are a couple of Elven gods, the Krohdin and the Halfling Godess. However, the gods themselves are not overly concerned with human lives. Some like to meddle, and some like to study the cosmos itself further, or to unweave the fabric of reality. In any case, they are as kind, malicious, horny, hungry, jealous and every other attribute we can put on humans. These entities just happen to live on a different plane of reality, wield a lot more power to control their environments and a wider mind.
In tandem with evolving complexity of the neural pathways of animalia on the world later known as Hökaland. It took on some aspects of life, and brought some back on to life. Some the people later called gods, others things like fey or spirits.
Souls are the magical lattice to life. The more complicated the life is, the more complicated lettuce, and the better manifestation after the biological life ebbs out.
Gods are families and the child of a union will will retain attributes from both parents but often takes attributes from one of the families specifically. In some cases they instead create entirely new families, The Dawn Spirits are testament to that.
- Rahn - The Dawn Spirit, The Father, Father of Men. Patron of humanity. Aspect of Good, Righteousness, Justice and Love (familial).
- Lan -
- Devlin (f) -
- Sunni (f) -
- Krohtek - Mother of Dragon kind, The Dragon Mother, Eternal Mother. White gold colouring. Aspect of Safety, Child-bearing, Nurture, Discipline, Fairness.
- Rekenadrekesh - The Firstborne. A beautiful dark blue silver colouring. Aspect of doubt. Father of Karrakhan.
- Pentkintaltane - The Red. Red and chromatic colouring. Aspect of decisiveness and confidence.
- Gendrumaninn (f) - The Wise. Green colouring. Aspect of World Wonder and Wisdom, Learning. Gave magic to dragons and hawks.
- Dirnallenkreka (f) - The Trickster. White colouring. Aspect of Intelligence and Thinking (smartly). Trickster.
- Klindin - Mother of Hawk kind, The Hawk Mother, Eternal Mother. Aspect of Warmness, Caring, Empaty and Understanding.
- Alner - The Stoic. Seclusive. Aspect or Caring (for the self; without diminishing others), Morality, Goodness and Asexuality. Sometimes transexuality.
- Haldinett (f) - The Northern Star. Open and happy. Aspect of Exploring new ideas, Playing and Joking. Aspect of Luck.
- Harnon - The Granfather. Honourable and kind. Aspect of Righteous Conflict, Protecting what is right. Father of Rahn.
- Tredna (f) - The Messenger. Aspect of Travells well planned, necessary or forced; not especially for exploration.
- Ven - The Silent, The Sleeper, The Dreamer, Father of the Ven, The Father of Magic. Aspect of Loyalty, Friendship, Sacrifice, Magic.
- Himna (f) - The Wife. Aspect of Love, Devotion and Romantic revenge.
- Belindril - Mother of Elves. Aspect of Intellect and Love for the unloved. Patron of Elves.
- Ard - The Hunter. Handsome appearance. Aspect of Balance, Nature, Respect and the Bliss of the hunt.
- Nimla (f) - The Grandmother. Aspect of Caring, Healing for body and soul, Comfort from sorrow, Pleasantness. Mother of Rahn.
- Injillan (f) - The Muse. Mother of Men. Inspiring for creativity, artistry, craft. For doing a good and proper job.
Eternal Mother. Firm but caring. Primary deity of dragons. Safety. Child-bearing. Nurture. Discipline. Fairness. White gold colouring. Children:
- Rekenadrekesh - First Dragling
- Pentkintaltane - Second Dragling
- Gendrumaninn - Third Dragling
- Dirnallenkreka - Fourth Dragling
Oldest child of Krohtek. First male power to emerge. He was hatched from an egg. A beautiful dark blue silver dragon, but epitomising doubt. Friendly but sometimes untrustworthy. Father of Karrakhan.
Male. Red and chromatic. Stand for decisiveness and confidence.
Female. Green. Stand for world wonder and wisdom. Learning. Gave magic to the dragons and hawks.
Female. White. Stand for intelligence and thinking smartly. Trickster.
Male. Son of Dirnal & Pentk. Matte dark grey with red and white "stripes". Stands for war. Pleasure of dealing violence. Honourable mass-conflict is good, but any will do.
Female. Daughter of Dirnal & Pentk. Sister of Haaqr. Deep purple colouring with a black pattern across back and wings. As child was silent and reclusive, mistrusted. Avoided conflict. Became guardian for the other-minded. Stands for protecting the outliers; empathy and insight. Dislikes Haaqr's love of conflict but can't stop loving him.
Male. Son of Krohtek and Rekenadrekesh. Started as caring and questioning authority. Fell madly in love with Injillan later and became blinded by jealousy. He forced her to marry him and had three sons with her. His influence started to take over; he didn't even listen to his mother! Sons:
Eternal Mother. Warm and caring. Emotional, empathetic and understanding. Children:
Male. Seclusive. Caring for the self without diminishing others. Morality, goodnes and asexuality. Sometimes transexuality.
Female. Open and happy, exploring and interested in new ideas. Playful and joking. Luck.
Male. Honourable and kind. Stand for righteous conflict. Protecting what is right. Father of Rahn.
Female. Dedicated messenger. Goddess of travels; well planned, necessary or forced. Not generally for exploration.
Ven Male. Namesake of the future Ven family of gods. Loyalty, friendship, sacrifice, magic. Been in a long slumber under the Earth. His dreams inspire humanity.
Himna Female. Love, devotion and romantic revenge. Mother of Injillan.
Ard Male. Handsome hunter. For balance, nature, respect and the bliss of the hunt. In nature or in bed. Father of Injillan.
Belindril Female. Elven mother. Loved Alner and comforts the unloved. Loves elves who remind her of Alner.
Nimla Female. Caring, healing for body and soul. Comfort from sorrow. Pleasantness. Mother of Rahn.
Injillan Female. The Muse. Inspiring for creativity, artistry, craft. For doing a good and proper job. Wife (unwillingly) of Karrakhan and then (by choice) Rahn.
Son of Harnon and Nimla. Was born in a hard time and was shaped by concurrent easrly human struggles and Karr's advance. Became a new godly family: Dawn Spirit. With the help of an early human and many gods he defeated Karrakhan and his sons and married his wife. He actively swore to help humanity and became their patron. Good, righteous, justice and love. Fathered: Lan, Devlin & Sunni.
Linoa Female. She was always very different to all other gods and is considered her own family of one. Smaller in size and power to other gods, brings play and joy. Mother of knytt beings.
- World-all (the spirit of the world, in a sense)
- The Volcano
- The Cloud
- The Shading Tree
|World nav (e)|
|Factions nav (e)|
|Main||Religions||Peoples||Kingdoms & Noble Houses|