- This article is OUTDATED, please see Damage and healing#Death instead!
Death itself can be through shock, cardiac arrest, massive organ failure, asphyxiation or simply bleeding to death. The dying status represents one or all of these effects, while the shock status added by me specifically deals with shock only.
The concept of dying has a new addition: Shock. For when you still have hit points, yet are dying. Death itself and soul departure is slightly altered to be more medically accurate and for game balance purposes.
- Dying at -1 to -9 hp. -10 is dead.
- Each round has 10% chance to become stable. Also lose 1 Hit Point.
- First aid Heal check (DC15) stabilises.
- Shock is almost the same as dying, with the main difference being that you *retain* your hit points. Though, by definition, you are dying.
- While in shock, the target lose one hit point per round at the end of her turn.
- As when dying, there is a chance to become stable, with a difference: The first turn there is a 10% chance of spontaneously become stable, the second, it's 9%, the third it's 8% etc until the victim is either stable or fail the last (1% chance) attempt and dies.
- If the victim is dealt further damage, each point of damage lowers the chance to stabilize by 1%. If the damage makes this chance lower than 1%, the victim dies.
- A first aid Heal check (DC20) or at least one Hit Point of magical healing will stabilize a person in shock.
- If the victim becomes stable, she is unconscious until she has healed (natural or magic) at least as many points of damage as she lost during shock, plus one.
- Thereafter the victim can act normally, but she's likely to have had a near-death experience.
- After the body dies, it takes 2+D2 minutes before the brain is irreparably dead also (even with decapitation). At that point, the soul leaves the body.
- It's possible to cast spells on a dead body to heal wounds or to remove diseases or toxins.
- Potions work on dead bodies because they are activated by the act of being put in a person's mouth rather than swallowing.
- The spell Resuscitation can be cast on a body which has not suffered complete brain death.
|House Rules* & Roleplaying nav.. (e)|