Will get all this stuff over...
Tactical: My Short Version
- Move Action = Hustle.
- Move Action + Standard Action to move = Hustle.
- Charge = Full-Round Action: x2 speed.
- Run in heavy armor = Full-Round Action: x3 speed. No Dex AC.
- Run unencumbered = Full-Round Action: x4 speed. No Dex AC.
- Run with Run feat = Full-Round Action: +1 speed. Retain Dex AC.
- Run rounds = to Con modifier. In 5 min periods of normal activity.
- +1r = DC10 Con check.
- +Xr = DC10 + X Con check.
- Fail = Must stop, Fatigue & max 1 move/r for 1 min.
- Or: take 1 con damage & continue with same DC.
- No running on difficult terrain or low visibility.
Overland: My Short Version
- Walk: 8h is OK. More is Forced March.
- Hustle: 1h per sleep cycle is OK.
- 1.5h = 1 nonlethal. 2h = +2nl. 3h = +4nl. 4h = +8nl. 5h = +16nl. Etc.
- 1nl = Fatigue. Remove nonlethal to remove fatigue.
- Run: Con checks (not long). Start/stop becomes Hustle.
- Forced March: 8h walk = OK. +1h = Con check DC 10 +2/h. Fail = 1d6+(h-8) nl damage.
- Mounts: Automatically fail checks. Take lethal damage + Fatigue.
Evasion & Pursuit: My Short Version
- Speed determines first.
- Same speed characters: "Few" rounds = Opposed Dex check for each round.
- Long Pursuit
- Speed determines first.
- Opposed Con checks per hour for gain/lose.
- 10 miles return - http://castles.org/dokuwiki/architecture/military-offensive
Characters covering long distances cross-country use overland movement. Overland movement is measured in miles per hour or miles per day. A day represents 8 hours of actual travel time. For rowed watercraft, a day represents 10 hours of rowing. For a sailing ship, it represents 24 hours. Walk
A character can walk 8 hours in a day of travel without a problem. Walking for longer than that can wear him or her out (see Forced March, below). Hustle
A character can hustle for 1 hour without a problem. Hustling for a second hour in between sleep cycles deals 1 point of nonlethal damage, and each additional hour deals twice the damage taken during the previous hour of hustling. A character who takes any nonlethal damage from hustling becomes fatigued.
A fatigued character can’t run or charge and takes a penalty of –2 to Strength and Dexterity. Eliminating the nonlethal damage also eliminates the fatigue. Run
A character can’t run for an extended period of time.
Attempts to run and rest in cycles effectively work out to a hustle. Terrain
The terrain through which a character travels affects how much distance he or she can cover in an hour or a day (see Table: Terrain and Overland Movement). A highway is a straight, major, paved road. A road is typically a dirt track. A trail is like a road, except that it allows only single-file travel and does not benefit a party traveling with vehicles. Trackless terrain is a wild area with no paths. Forced March
In a day of normal walking, a character walks for 8 hours. The rest of the daylight time is spent making and breaking camp, resting, and eating.
A character can walk for more than 8 hours in a day by making a forced march. For each hour of marching beyond 8 hours, a Constitution check (DC 10, +2 per extra hour) is required. If the check fails, the character takes 1d6 points of nonlethal damage. A character who takes any nonlethal damage from a forced march becomes fatigued. Eliminating the nonlethal damage also eliminates the fatigue. It’s possible for a character to march into unconsciousness by pushing himself too hard. Mounted Movement
A mount bearing a rider can move at a hustle. The damage it takes when doing so, however, is lethal damage, not nonlethal damage. The creature can also be ridden in a forced march, but its Constitution checks automatically fail, and, again, the damage it takes is lethal damage. Mounts also become fatigued when they take any damage from hustling or forced marches.
See Table: Mounts and Vehicles for mounted speeds and speeds for vehicles pulled by draft animals. Waterborne Movement
See Table: Mounts and Vehicles for speeds for water vehicles.
- 30ft movement
- 3 miles/hour walk
- 6 miles/hour hustle
- 24 miles/day
- 40ft movement
- 4 miles/hour walk
- 8 miles/hour hustle
- 32 miles/day
- 50ft movement
- 5 miles/hour walk
- 10 miles/hour hustle
- 40 miles/day
|House Rules* & Roleplaying nav.. (e)|